Wednesday 12 November 2008

My Story

Hello. My name's Kev. I'm from a city in the United Kingdom called Peterborough. I'm 23 years old, I live with my Dad, and here's my story about trying to make something of the beautiful game we all love..Poker.


I've been playing now for about 2 years. I'm not a bad player, I've just had a terrible mind set, looking at it is as money and not Blinds or percentages of pots, this was ONE flaw, the second I think many budding players suffer from but never really do anything about...I Never once stuck to sound BRM. Here's the killer...FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY! I would play higher to win more, to sort myself out and get out of this hole, but guess what? YOU HAVE TO RISK MORE! Funnily enough, that didn't work! All my money that I'd have to buy new games for my XBOX 360 had gone to someone abusing me in the card rooms because I was trying to force action. I've played as high as $5/$10 but generally stuck around the .50/$1.00 tables. I'm not saying I always lost. Sometimes I'd made beautiful withdrawals only to re-deposit a week later and lose it after a few too many beers. I then decided to stop playing, I've read many things that can affect your Poker mind set, Financial difficulty being one of them! So i got myself out of that hole without the poker, then 3 weeks ago I decided what the hell, let's give this one last serious shot.

So..this is me, this is my ride, feel free to jump on.

Regards,

Kev 'scragbag' W

No comments: