Thursday 13 November 2008

How did Project 10k begin?

2 Saturdays ago I deposited $20 into Blue SQ Poker, with the idea and goal of turning that into something special in the correct way. Sticking to strict BRM rules, i started playing at .01/.02c FR with 100b (OK so it's 10% of my roll but I need a little leeway!!). I had a most successful morning by getting my roll up to $27 in the space of a few hours. Then I got a bit bored of cash so thought I'd buy-in to the 12:15 $1, $2,000 GP Re-buy. 871 Runners there was, I'd taken an early beating taking me down to 700 chips but slowly I'd began to recuperate some of those lost chips. 3 hours down the line, I find myself coming 41st after running my AK into AA and picking up a healthy $12, thus boosting my bankroll to just under $40.

Now I'm at the $40 mark I can actually play with 5% of my roll on the cash tables. This was the best news!! I could FINALLY begin to apply BRM. High five and a fist pump. We're right where we need to be.

No comments: